Thursday, January 28, 2010

20 weeks and....

We're having a BOY! We're really excited about it. I have always wanted a boy first and when I asked Matt what he wanted he just said "I wouldn't know what to do with a girl." :) Of course we will love a girl if (when!) we get one but knowing that this first one is a boy is very exciting.
I went to the doc. on Tuesday to have the anatomical ultrasound and it was the coolest thing! They gave us some pics and a DVD. I don't know how I feel about the 3D images, though... It's still amazing to me how it all works. I don't think anyone can experience something like this and not believe that our Heavenly Father exists and that He is in charge.
I turned 20 weeks yesterday and the baby looks like he's right on track. I have a couple of ultrasound pictures as well as some pics of my belly but I'm not where I can post them right now so they'll have to come later. I'm getting to the point where my normal pants have finally failed me and my shirts are too tight but yet all the maternity stuff that I'm borrowing from my sisters is way too big! This "in between" stage is getting annoying but I shouldn't complain because I am healthy and baby is looking that way, too! I had lost a few pounds in the first trimester and was slowing gaining it back but this last time I gained FOUR pounds (in two weeks). I guess that's good but I probably shouldn't keep it up at that rate. :) Maybe one pound a week instead.
Now we just need to actually think of some boy names.... neither of us have any ideas AT ALL. Wish us luck with that one... :)

5 comments:

KaLee said...

Hooray for boys! I know I'm a bit biased, but boys first seem like the greatest way to go!

Brenda said...

That's great! I love my boys!

Brooke Carroll said...

YAAY! I am so happy for you guys, I just can't believe you are having a little baby boy...he will be so cute! :D Congratulations, Melinator!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! Just like KaLee I too am biased, boys are the greatest! Good luck with finding names, we find it hard to narrow down boys names to ones we can both agree on, hopefully you guys won't have such hard time.

P.S. Matthews dad was having a lovely play with my little boy on Sunday in our class, I think he is ready for a grandson...

Brooke said...

I am so excited for you!!! Boy names were the easy ones for us and we are having a girl so we've had a hard time finding a name. But you guys will find a perfect name for your little one!