Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to.... Me!


So on last Wednesday, February 18th, I turned 24. I know it really isn't that old, but for some reason I feel SO old all of a sudden. I had a pretty good day at school and all my classes sang to me. The cutest was when both of the 1st grade classes sang happy birthday and then counted my age. It was so funny to see their eyes get big when the number kept getting higher hee hee. Then later that evening we invited Matt's family over for cake and ice cream. Matt's dad brought over an entire asphalt pie from Winger's! It was so yummy and there were a couple pieces left over that I ate in the following days. :) He also bought me a pound of chocolate and two really nice/cute picture frames (that he picked out himself). :) I have such good inlaws! Then Matt gave me some Peeps (yay for Easter candy!) and two games, Buzz Word and In a Pickle which I really liked because I'm always saying that I want games to play when we have friends over. It was really nice of both of them to get me so many presents! Then I got cards from Matt's siblings, Matt's parents, Matt's grandma, and then a couple days later I got a card from my mommy and dad in the mail with some moolas $$. Anyway, it was a good day and I thought I would post about getting OLD. I didn't get any pictures of the event cause we couldn't find our camera but Matt's dad took some. IF (a BIG if) we ever see those pictures, I'll post a few. :)
Oh and P.S. I made that little picture up there with the 24 at scrapblog.com. It looks kinda crappy (off center and stuff) but it was kinda fun to make just for the heck of it. :)

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Happy late birthday my dear!! It sounds like you had fun... and yummy asphalt pie. I am jealous! I feel old as well...its ok though right? Anyway, We need to get together sometime!

~April~ said...

You're a silly goose. You're no where near old... hee hee. Just think... you'll never be as old as I am :P

Love ya seester!!!!!

Christena said...

Rik says that you'll be as old as him someday ;) I like your 24 picture by the way. I think you did a good job. Sounds like you made a haul for your birthday. In-laws can be the best. I don't know why they get such a bad rap.

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Just wait til you hit the big 2-5! Being a quarter of a century...well, you know what I mean! Love ya and miss you!